Terms and Conditions
Last Updated on 27 March 2012
INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR SOIL MECHANICS
AND GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING
Website usage terms and conditions
Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The terms International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, or ISSMGE, or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose Secretariat is located in the UK. The address for the Secretariat is: ISSMGE, City University London, 10 Northampton Square, London EC1V 0HB. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The use of this website is subject to the following terms:
- CONTENT: The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- ACCURACY: While every care is taken to ensure that factual information is correct, neither the ISSMGE nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT: All contents of this website are Copyright to ISSMGE. All Rights Reserved. The ISSMGE logo may not be used without express permission from the ISSMGE Secretariat. All other trademarks, service marks and logos used in this website are the property of their respective owners. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited.
- EXTERNAL LINKS: This website includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Fees paid for webinars are fully refundable if notice is received 15 days before the event. Cancelling your registration less than 15 days before the scheduled event will result in a 10 percent cancellation fee. If the webinar cannot proceed due to circumstances beyond our control, a full refund of fees will be made.
- MEMBERSHIP AND SUBSCRIPTIONS: (Full information on Membership is available from the ISSMGE Statutes and Bylaws. Individuals are members of ISSMGE via Member Societies, and Member Societies are responsible for the annual payment of the subscription fees. Member Societies cannot cancel their membership part way through a year, and there is no refund of subscription fees. Member Societies failing to pay their annual subscription fee are not entitled to the benefits of membership as detailed in the ISSMGE Statutes and Bylaws.