The International Journal of Geoengineering Case Histories, an official Journal of the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE), is pleased to launch its third issue of its fourth volume. This is a special issue with Case Histories on geotechnical engineering instruction, guest edited by Associate Professor Marina Pantazidou of the National Technical University of Athens.
Papers published in this refereed journal are freely available in color and are accompanied by databases that include the electronic data presented in the paper as well as additional figures (as necessary). The locations of the case histories are also positioned in a downloadable Google Earth database, also available in GeoMap.
The Special Issue includes the following papers:
- Marina Pantazidou. (2016). Case Studies Developed for |Geotechnical Engineering Instruction. International Journal of Geoengineering Case Histories, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp. 203-204, doi: 10.4417/IJGCH-03-04-00
- Allen L. Jones (2016). Upward Integration of Geotechnical Curricular Content Using a Project in Seattle, Washington, USA. International Journal of Geoengineering Case Histories, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp. 205-221, doi: 10.4417/IJGCH-03-04-01
- Robb E. S. Moss, Judd King and Gregg L. Fiegel. (2016). Teaching Consolidation: Case Study of Preloading with Vertical Drains. International Journal of Geoengineering Case Histories, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp. 222-233, doi: 10.4417/IJGCH-03-04-02
- Dimitrios Zekkos, Adda Athanasopoulos-Zekkos, Athena Grizi and William Greenwood. (2016). The May 25th 2011 Railroad Embankment Failure in Ann Arbor, Michigan, As a Means for Teaching Geotechnical Engineering. International Journal of Geoengineering Case Histories, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp. 234-245, doi: 10.4417/IJGCH-03-04-03
- Vasiliki Xenaki, George Doulis and George Athanasopoulos. (2016). The Geotechnical Design of Embankment: Slope Stability Analyses and Settlement Calculations. International Journal of Geoengineering Case Histories, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp. 246-261, doi: 10.4417/IJGCH-03-04-04
Follow this link in order to download and read the papers of the latest issue of the journal and access the digital data.
The truly open-source mission of the journal is funded annually by not more than four companies and organizations who have an action-based commitment to the advancement of the geoengineering profession. These organizations are acknowledged on our website and in every single paper of the journal. IJGCH is proudly funded by Shamsher Prakash Foundation and Dar Group. Our sponsors make possible the circulation of the journal to thousands of readers at no cost.
Geotechnical engineers are encouraged to submit a paper for review and potential publication by the ISSMGE International Journal of Geoengineering Case Histories.