ISSMGE News & Information Circular, 2017
Please visit the new-look ISSMGE website – http://www.issmge.org/ for full details of all ISSMGE activities.
1. XIX ICSMGE – Seoul, Korea- Registration
The organisers have issued a new information circular which can be viewed at: http://issmge.org/19th%20ICSMGE_Promotion%20material_0626.pdf
2. International Journal of Geoengineering Case Histories (IJGCH)
The International Journal of Geoengineering Case Histories is pleased to launch its new website, which is available at: http://www.geocasehistoriesjournal.org!
The “International Journal of Geoengineering Case Histories” is an official journal of the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE), focusing on the publication of well-documented case histories. This refereed journal focuses exclusively on geoengineering practice and has many unique features. The Case Histories Journal covers the broad area of practice in geotechnical engineering (soils and rocks), including geotechnical earthquake engineering, environmental geotechnics, engineering geology, and energy geo-construction.
The new website is a major development with fresh and more appealing look and a new intuitive design, and is now moved to its own domain (geocasehistoriesjournal.org). The journal now has an online management system where authors can upload easily manuscripts for review and keep track of the review process. The review system is also integrated with the GeoWorld professional network.
The launch of the new website comes shortly after the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between ISSMGE and the publisher (ELXIS S.A.) emphasizing the open access publication of the Journal.
The mission of the ISSMGE International Journal of Geoengineering Case Histories is to provide open access to high quality, reviewed, scientific knowledge that is relevant to engineering practice. In 2016, papers published in the Case Histories journal were downloaded 35,382 times.
The latest edition of the ISSMGE Bulletin (Volume 11, Issue 3, June 2017) is available from http://www.issmge.org/publications/issmge-bulletin/vol-11-issue-3-june-2017
4. ISSMGE Foundation
5. ISSMGE Webinars
Click here for a full list of previously recorded ISSMGE webinars
6. Technical Committee Database on website
Member society officers are reminded that the TC database is now online (http://www.issmge.org/committees/technical-committees) and is the definitive source of TC information (Terms of Reference, & Membership lists). All Member Societies were invited to nominate a representative who would be entrusted with entering the details of their member society’s nominees on the database. If your society does not have such a representative, please contact the Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Anyone wishing to serve on a Technical Committee should contact their Member Society and request to be nominated.
For a listing of all ISSMGE and ISSMGE supported conferences - click here.
The following are events that have been added/upated since the previous Circular:
- GEO-EXPO 2017 Scientific and Expert Conference, 26-10-2017 - 27-10-2017, Hollywood Hotel, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Contact person: Sabrina Salkovic, email: email@example.com, website: http://www.geotehnika.ba
- 9th International Conference on Physical Modelling in Geotechnics, 17-07-2018 - 20-07-2018, City, University of London, United Kingdom, Contact person: Dr Andrew McNamara, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: http://www.ICPMG2018.London
- China – Europe Conference on Geotechnical Engineering, 13-08-2018 - 16-08-2018, Institute of Geotechnical Engineering, BOKU, Austria, Vienna, Contact person: Secretariat of the Institute of Geotechnical Engineering, BOKU, Email: email@example.com; Website: https://china-euro-geo.com/
- International Symposium on Energy Geotechnics, 26-09-2018 - 28-09-2018, Swiss Tech Convention Center, Lausanne, Switzerland, Contact person: SEG-2018 Organizing Committee, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: http://seg2018.epfl.ch/
- International Seminar on Roads, Bridges, and Tunnels (ISRBT2017), 03-11-2017 - 09-11-2017, Aristotle University, Centre for Dissemination of Research Results (Red Building), Greece, Thessaloniki , Contact person: Mrs. D. Gatoula, email: email@example.com; Website: http://isrbt.civil.auth.gr