First International Symposium on Construction Resources for Environmentally Sustainable Technologies (CREST2020)
On behalf of the organizing committee, it is our great pleasure to invite you to the First International Symposium on Construction Resources for Environmentally Sustainable Technologies (CREST2020) which will be held from March 10 to 12, 2020 in Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan.
The purpose of this symposium is to disseminate information and exchange ideas on issues related to natural and man-made disasters, and to arrive at solutions through the use of alternative resources, towards building a sustainable and resilient society from geotechnical perspectives.
The symposium aims to bring together scientist, researchers, engineers and policy makers throughout the world under one umbrella for debate and discussion. The symposium will be focusing on sustainability, promotion of new ideas and innovations in design, construction and maintenance of geotechnical structures with aim of contributing towards climate change adaptation and disaster resiliency.
It is hoped that through active participation of all the stake holders (industries, government and academia), the symposium will be able to inculcate some changes to the existing perception of dealing with problems, faced by the humankind in this ever-challenging world.
Themes of symposium :
Sub-theme 1: Cascaded and Material Recycling in Geo Engineering
- Advancement in low cost and low carbon construction techniques
- Recycled materials (alternative geomaterials) in geotechnical constructions
- Mechanical and constitutive properties of recycled materials
- Management and utilization of disaster wastes
Sub-theme 2: Natural Disaster and Resiliency
- Climate change related natural disasters
- Climate change independent natural disasters
- Physical and numerical modelling of disaster mitigation techniques
- Information based (IoT, AI etc.,) measures against natural disaster mitigation
Sub-theme 3: Climate Change Adaptation and Innovation
- Innovative techniques towards low carbon footprint
- Innovative case studies for sustainable design and construction
- Socio–economic and environmental aspects in sustainable construction
- Geological and hydrological aspect
-The conference proceedings will be in the post-conference form, and will be published by Springer.
-Furthermore, selected papers from the symposium will be recommended to publish in the in special volumes of the Journal of Environmental Geotechnics as well as in the Journal of South East Asian Geotechnical Society.
KYUSHU UNIVERSITY, FUKUOKA, JAPAN
- Contact person: Dr. Siavash Manafi Khajeh Pasha
- Address: West Building No. 2, Room No. 1124 744 Motooka, Nishi-ku
- Phone: +81 092-802-3369
- Fax: +81 092-802-3368
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence Prof. Hemanta Hazarika Dr. Siavash Manafi Khajeh Pasha Department of Civil Engineering, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org In association with University of Cambridge, UK ISSMGE Asian Regional Technical Committee No. 1(ATC1) ISSMGE Technical Committee 215 (TC 215) Supported by JAFEC, USA UN-HABITAT ICAS - Ibaraki University International Press-In Association