Intensive short-course on "Energy Geostructures: Analysis and Design" - 2nd Edition
We are pleased to inform you about the second edition of a 3-day intensive course for practitioners and scientists entitled “Energy geostructures: analysis and design” that will be held at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland, from March 6th to 8th, 2019.
By attending this training, you will:
- Develop your understanding of the behaviour and performance of energy geostructures, such as energy piles, energy walls and energy tunnels.
- Increase your knowledge about the energy, geotechnical and structural analysis of energy geostructures with practical application exercises, including analytical and numerical simulation exercises.
- Learn how to design energy geostructures following current standards through appropriate procedures.
The course has been designed with civil engineers in mind, but targets energy engineers, architects, urban project managers and geologists as well. The course will be valuable for attendees who have no experience with energy geostructures as well as for those who have already been involved in a project of energy geostructures. As some of the course is based on the Thermo-Pile software, you will receive a complimentary 3-month academic license to improve your skills in the analysis and design of energy piles.
The number of participants for this intensive course is limited. The available spots will be filled on a first come first served basis. More information about the course can be found on the dedicated website of this course. We look forward to seeing you at EPFL.
Lyesse Laloui & Alessandro F. Rotta Loria
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL)
- Contact person: Formation Continue UNIL-EPFL
- Address: EPFL Innovation Park Bâtiment E
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org