International Symposium on Geotechnics for Transportation Infrastructure
The Indian Geotechnical Society welcomes all ISSMGE members and associates to the INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON GEOTECHNICS FOR TRANSPORTATION INFRASTRUCTURE ISGTI-2018 being organized under the guidance of Technical Committee TC-202 (Transportation Geotechnics) of ISSMGE.
The symposium will be congregation of world-class international and national experts and exhibitors from across the globe.Detailed information brochure is attached for your information. Please see the website www.isgti2018.org for further details.
Theme 1: Challenges in design and construction of pavements and embankments
Theme 2: Design and construction of subsytuctures for highways, high speed railway and metros.
Theme 3: Advances in bridge foundations, waterways, airfields and pipeline transport geotechnics
Theme 4: Slope stability, landslides, debris flows and avalanches on hilly roads and remedial measures.
Theme 5: Subsurface sensing, investigations and monitoring in transport geotechnics
Theme 6: Use of geosynthetics and non traditional materials in transport geotechnics.
Theme 7: Transport geotechnics in underground construction.
Theme 8: Ground improvement techniques for transport geotechnics.
Theme 9: Emerging trends in transport geotechnics– Unsaturated Soil Mechanics, Macro and Nano Technology, Climate Change and Sustainability.
The following international experts have tentatively agreed to give keynote lectures during the symposium
- Prof. Erol Tutulmer (USA) - Chairman of TC-202
- Prof. Tatsuya Ishikawa (Japan) - Secretary, TC-202
- Prof. Buddhima Indraratna (Australia) Executive Member TC-202
- Prof. Antonio Gomes Correia (France) former Chairman of TC-202Prof. Ikuo Towhata (Japan) - former Secretary, ISSMGE
- Prof. William Powrie (UK) Executive Member TC-202
- Prof. Charles Ng, President ISSMGE (confirmation expected)
- Prof. G.V. Rao, (retd) IIT Delhi
- Prof. Sivakumar Babu, President IGS
Invitation for Sponsorship / Exhibition Participation
Various options are available for publicity in the Indian industry and international organizations. Please see the symposium website www.isgti2018.org for further details
Indian Geotechnical Society
- Contact person: Dr. Altaf Usmani
- Address: ISGTI Secretariat, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Delhi
- Email: email@example.com
Best paper Awards for Young Engineers The Centre for Geomechanics and Railway Engineering, University of Wollongong, Australia has offered five Best Paper Awards to young geotechnical engineers publishing paper in this symposium. The value of the award