The May 2020 update of Corporate Associates’ varied and exciting activities around the world can be found here https://www.issmge.org/
- We welcome CCCC Fourth Harbor Engineering Institute Co. Ltd. of Guangzhou, China as a Corporate Associate of the ISSMGE, bringing the number of ISSMGE Corporate Associates to 43 (https://www.issmge.org/corporate-associates/listing). Why and how to join as a Corporate Associate are detailed in https://www.issmge.org/
- Our wrap up of Corporate Associates Presidential Group (CAPG) activities in the five regional conferences of the ISSMGE in 2019 is now complete with the report on the ‘Geo-education for the Future’ – XVI Pan-American Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Cancún, México, November 2019, published on the ISSMGE Bulletin, 2020, Volume 14 Issue 2, pages 15 to 19, http://issmge2014.ust.hk/apr2020/3.CAPGmessage.pdf.
- The focus of CAPG Activities in 2020/2021 is on making ICSMGE 2021 in Sydney, Australia (12- 17 September 2021) a great outcome for our Corporate Associates; making a significant presence by the Corporate Associates at the International Foundations Conference and Equipment Expo (IFCEE 2021), May 10-14, 2021, Dallas, Texas; making a great contribution to the understanding of geotechnical engineering practice through “Are we overdesigning survey?; and supporting ISSMGE Virtual University through promotion of short videos on geotechnical engineering created by Corporate Associates.
- Representatives of the Corporate Associates should take note of the following key opportunities for Corporate Associates at the ICSMGE 2021 (Sydney, Australia).
- ISSMGE parallel session. CAPG has invited technical abstracts from the Corporate Associates, with an allocation of 15 papers; Submissions (closing 30 June 2020) are to be on innovation in research, investigation, design, construction, products and materials.
- ISSMGE CAPG Dinner (Wednesday 15th September 2021), to have all the Corporate Associates in one notable gathering in Sydney to celebrate the CAPG achievements of the current presidential term. Corporate Associates are being invited to "Save the Date".
Peter Day, Chair CAPG, & Sukumar Pathmanandavel, Co-Chair CAPG
2 June 2020