ISSMGE News & Information Circular
Please refer to the relevant section on the website for full details of all ISSMGE activities.
- Elections for the President 2017-2021
Member Societies were sent emails on the 27th September with details on the nomination process for candidates in the upcoming elections for the next President and Regional Vice-presidents (Africa, Asia, Europe, South America) for the next Board (term Sept 2017 – Sept 2021). Nominations for President are requested by the 10th April 2017. Please contact the Secretariat if you would like the email to be resent.
- XIX ICSMGE – Seoul, Korea- Registration now open
- Deadline of submission of items for the Seoul Council Meeting Agenda
If your member society would like to submit an item for discussion at the next Council Meeting (Seoul, September 2017), please inform Professor Neil Taylor, the Secretary General, at least 6 months before the event, i.e. by the 1st March 2017. This will allow enough time for the items to be incorporated into the Agenda and Papers.
- ISSMGE Foundation
The next deadline for receipt of applications for awards from the ISSMGE Foundation is the 1st May 2017. Applicants seeking funding to attend either the International Conference or the Young Geotechnical Engineer’s event in Seoul should ensure that their applications are submitted before this deadline. Click here for further information on the ISSMGE Foundation.
- ISSMGE Webinars
|Helmut Schweiger (Austria)||Wed, 15th February 2017 12:00 (noon) GMT (followed by a 48 hour-Q&A Session)||An introduction to numerical modelling in geotechnical engineering|
Click here for a full list of previously recorded ISSMGE webinars
- Technical Committee Database on Website
Member society officers are reminded that the TC database is now online (https://www.issmge.org/committees/technical-committees) and is the definitive source of TC information (Terms of Reference, & Membership lists). All Member Societies were invited to nominate a representative who would be entrusted with entering the details of their member society’s nominees on the database. If your society does not have such a representative, please contact the Secretariat (email@example.com)
The following are new technical committees established since 2013:
TC308 – Energy Geotechnics
TC217 – Land Reclamation
TC218 – Reinforced Fill Structures
- ISSMGE Bulletins
To retrieve copies of the ISSMGE Bulletin, please go to https://www.issmge.org/publications/issmge-bulletin
Latest edition - Vol 10, Issue 6, December 2016
For a listing of all ISSMGE and ISSMGE supported conferences - click here.
The following are events that have been added/upated since the previous Circular:
- 9ème édition des JOURNEES AFRICAINES DE LA GEOTECHNIQUE - 26 – 29 July 2017, Lomé, Togo, Contact : Prof E.M. Kana, firstname.lastname@example.org
- IPA Seminar on Press-in Technology in Singapore, - 2-3 March 2017, Singapore, Contact: He Hongjuan email@example.com; website: http://www.press-in.org/en
- 3rd International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering " Challenges and Recent Advances in Geotechnical Engineering"- 28-29 April 2017, Helsinki, Finland, Contact: Evren Tekeli, Evren@monreturizm.com, website: http://icnaceconference.com/