1st Mediterranean Young Geotechnical Engineers Conference
It is my pleasure to invite you to the “1st Mediterranean Young Geotechnical Engineers Conference” which will be organized by the Civil Engineering Department of Muğla Sıtkı Koçman University. 1st MYGEC will be held on 23-24th September, 2019 at Kefaluka Resort Hotel (www.kefalukaresort.com) Bodrum, Muğla-Turkey. Bodrum is a fascinating holiday spot and the site of the ancient city of Halikarnassus, the location of the famous Mausoleum of Halikarnassus (built after 353 BCE) - one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
The conference will be organized under the auspices of Turkish Geotechnical Society and ISSMGE with the intention of bringing young geotechnical engineers and researchers from Mediterranean countries together and encouraging them to present their work and reinforce their connections. An excellent platform will be provided for the young participants to meet and interact, to exchange knowledge and new ideas and to share interests and experiences while enjoying natural beauty of Bodrum, Muğla, Turkey.
With this event, the creation of future collaborations and networks is aimed between young researchers and fellow colleagues while the geotechnical topics are discussed.
The dates and venue of this conference offers the attendees a special chance to follow double international and significant events one after another. The 1st MYGEC will be followed by the “27th European Young Geotechnical Engineers Conference” which will take place on the 26th to 27th of September, 2019; also at Kefaluka Resort Hotel Bodrum. In this way, a blended atmosphere, a bigger get together and a larger platform of collaboration will be provided for the attendees.
It is a great joy to invite you to attend as a participant for this conference. We believe that your experience and enthusiasm in this field of work will be a valuable contribution to the conference.
We look forward to welcoming you to Bodrum in September 2019.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Deniz ULGEN
Chair of the Organizing Committee
Topics of Conference
- Site investigation
- Testing and instrumentation methods for laboratory and field
- Soil properties and soil behavior
- Ground improvement and reinforcement
- Constitutive, numerical and physical modelling
- Recent advances in numerical modeling
- Recent advances in physical modeling
- Selection of design parameters
- Foundation engineering
- Deep excavations and retaining structures
- Tunneling and underground structures
- Infrastructure projects
- Embankments, levees, or dams
- Slopes and landslides
- Earth structures
- Port and marine structures
- Transportation geotechnics
- Environmental geotechnics
- Energy geotechnics
- Soil-structure interaction
- Offshore structures - wind farms, oil and gas facilities
- Lifelines - pipelines, communications, and transportation systems
- Resiliency - emergency response, land use planning, and recovery
- Earthquake engineering
- Seismic hazard assessments
- Ground motions and site response
- Multi-hazard considerations - hurricane, tsunami, flood, sea-level rise
- Physical modeling - centrifuge, shaking table, or field scale
- Numerical analyses - dynamic or simplified
- Performance based design methodologies - probabilistic frameworks
- Performance based design - codes and guidance
- Sustainability and life cycle cost analyses
- Challenging soils
- Vibration isolation
Abstract Submission: 8 April 2019
Full Paper Submission: 1 May 2019
There is no limitation for the number of participants, but they should be 35 years of age, or younger, at the time of the meeting.
Turkish Society for ISSMGE - ZMGM
- Contact person: Altug Saygili
- Address: Mugla Sıtkı Kocman University, Engineering Faculty, Department of Civil Engineering, Kotelki, Mugla, Turkey
- Phone: +90 252 211 1942
- Fax: +90 252 211 1912
- Email: email@example.com