Corporate Associates Presidential Group
December 2017 update
The Corporate Associates Presidential Group (CAPG) was established in 2011 to develop actions and activities to enhance the commercial sector of the ISSMGE. CAPG is a Board level committee of the ISSMGE and comprises representatives drawn from the Corporate Associates (CAs) of the ISSMGE.
The Corporate Associates cover corporations, consultancies, contractors, equipment manufacturers, and product manufacturers. A full list of CAs, along with links to their company web sites are provided in the accompanying tab, List of CAs.
The December 2017 revised Terms of Reference of the CAPG can be viewed by clicking on to this link
In the 2013 - 2017 term, the CAPG in conjunction with the TOC and others, promoted awareness in the geotechnical community of the gap between state of art and state of practice in geotechnical engineering, through the mechanism of a global survey. Work on communicating the findings is continuing.
In the 2017 – 2021 term, the CAPG intends to focus on providing a number of visible and prominent platforms to discuss, debate, and promote issues relating to geotechnical engineering, that have or are perceived to have a significant impact on the commercial sector of the ISSMGE.
The five ISSMGE regional conferences in 2019, and the international conference in Sydney in 2021 have been chosen as suitable venues for creation of these platforms. It is intended that local issues are focussed on at the regional conferences, to ensure a higher level of relevance to the audience.
Preparation for the 2019 Regional Conferences
The CAPG core team is actively working with the organisers of the five 2019 regional conferences to ensure Corporate Associates get as high a profile as possible in each of the conference forums. We are reasonably confident, through responses received to date, that there will be either a plenary session slot or a parallel stream slot in each of the five regional conferences. The five regional conferences, and the key persons within the CAPG leading the work on plenary/parrallel sessions are as follows:
- 13th Australia New Zealand Conference on Geomechanics, Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre, Western Australia, April 2019 , CAPG contact - Kim Chan, GHD
- XVII European Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Harpa Conference Centre, Reykjavik, Iceland, September 2019, CAPG contact - Yuli (Chaido) Doulala-Rigby, Tensar
- XVII African Regional Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Cape Town Convention Centre, South Africa, October 2019, CAPG contact - Peter Day, Vice Chair
- XVI Asian Regional Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (16ARC), Taipei International Convention Center (TICC), Taipei, October 2019, CAPG contact - Sukumar Pathmanandavel, Aurecon
- XVI Pan-American Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, SMIG, Cancun, Mexico, November 2019, CAPG contact - Hugo Acosta - Martinez, AECOM
Regular updates will be provided on this page, and in the meantime, for further information on this subject, please email S.Pathmanandavel@aurecongroup.com.
Release of the results of the 2017 Global Survey of SOA and SOP
We plan to release in early 2018 to the broader geotechnical community the formal results of the 2017 Global Survey of State of the Art and State of Practice in geotechnical engineering. The links below allow access pdf files of the presentations at the Seoul workshop, which contain both general and specific information about the global survey.
Increasing CA numbers to 60
The CAPG would like to increase the CA numbers from the current number of about 30 to 60. If you can assist, please let us know. In October 2017, we were pleased to welcome GDS Instruments of Malaysia as a Corporate Associate of the ISSMGE.
CAPG Conference Calls
Our next CAPG call is on the 16th of January 2017 at 9.45 pm Sydney, Australia time. If you are not already in the CAPG core group distribution, please let Kim Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org) know your interest in joining in on the call.
Please contact the undersigned should you wish to learn more details about the Corporate Associates scheme.
Sukumar Pathmanandavel , Chair CAPG
Global Service Leader – Ground & Underground Engineering, Aurecon
T +61 2 9465 5289 M +61 413 941 487