Under the auspices of CPGA/SPG and ISSMGE TC307 - Sustainability in Geotechnical Engineering, and supported by ISSMGE TC215 and by TC308, the Laboratório Nacional de Engenharia Civil (LNEC) is organizing the 1st International Conference on Sustainability in Geotechnical Engineering - Geodiversity & Resilience (1st ICSGE'21), which will take place at the Congress Center of LNEC (Lisboa, Portugal), from 27 to 30 June 2021 (website: http://icsge.lnec.pt).
There are 8 planned Keynote Lectures. The 7 confirmed Keynote Lectures are-
- Dipanjan Basu (Canada): Sustainability and Resilience: An Integrated Approach
- Ricardo Trigo (Portugal): Climate Change Scenarios in Europe: Increasing Impacts of Extreme Events
- Anand Puppala (United States): A Multi-criterial Quantitative Framework to Assess Sustainability and Resilience of Ground Improvement Studies for Civil Infrastructure
- Krishna R. Reddy (United States): Innovative, Environmentally Friendly and Energy Efficient Geotechnical Techniques
- Arul Arulrajah (Australia): Sustainable Usage of Recycled Material in Transportation Geotechnics
- Antonio Gens (Spain): Deep Underground Repositories for High Level Nuclear Waste
- José Brilha (Portugal): Geoethical Principles Applied to Geoheritage Conservation
Workshops: Prof. Krishna R. Reddy (United States) will give a short-course entitled "Sustainable Engineering: Drivers, Metrics, Tools and Applications".
Another three short-courses are being organized (please see the website).
The deadline for sending abstracts (maximum 250 words) has been extended to 15 May 2020 (accepted papers will be published in the "Springer Series in Geomechanics and Geoengineering", indexed by Scopus and EI).