ISSMGE News & Information Circular
- Recent Webinars
- Prof Mark Jaksa: 2nd John Burland Lecture: Reflections on Some Contemporary Aspects of Geotechnical Engineering Education - From Critical State to Virtual Immersion
- Prof. Rodrigo Salgado: Forks in the Road: Rethinking Modeling Decisions that Defined Teaching and Practice of Geotechnical Engineering
- Prof. Susan A. Ambrose: Prior Knowledge, Learning and Common Instructional Practices Grounded in Evidence
- Prof. Luciano Picarelli: The Classification of Landslides in Soils in a Mechanical Perspective.
- Prof. Fumio Tatsuoka: Geosynthetics-Reinforced Soil Structures - Developments from Walls to Bridges.
- Bright Spark Lecture Award at Sydney ICSMGE 2021
The deadline for Bright Spark Lecture Award nominations has been extended to 1 August 2020. Two award recipients will be given the opportunity to give a keynote lecture at the 20th ICSMGE. More information can be found here.
- Corporate Associates Presidential Group:
The May 2020 update of Corporate Associates’ varied and exciting activities around the world can be found here https://www.issmge.org/corporate-associates/corporate-associates-presidential-group. Why and how to join as a Corporate Associate are detailed in https://www.issmge.org/corporate-associates/why-how-to-join.
The latest edition of the ISSMGE Bulletin (Volume 14, Issue 2, June 2020) is available from the website https://www.issmge.org/publications/issmge-bulletin/vol-14-issue-3-june2020
- ISSMGE Online Library – Open Access
The ISSMGE Online library (https://www.issmge.org/publications/online-library) is in continuous development – please note the following additions:
- 1st (2007) and 7th (2019) International Symposium on Geotechnical Safety and Risk
- 10th International Symposium on Field Measurements in Geomechanics (FMGM2018)
- 25th European Young Geotechnical Engineers Conference
- ISSMGE Foundation
The next deadline for receipt of applications for awards from the ISSMGE Foundation is the 30th September 2020. Click here for further information on the ISSMGE Foundation.
For a listing of all ISSMGE and ISSMGE supported conferences, and full information on all events, including deadlines, please go to the Events page at https://www.issmge.org/events. However, for updated information concerning possible changes due to the coronavirus outbreak (ie. postponements, cancellations, change of deadlines, etc), please refer to that specific event’s website.
As might be expected, many events have been rescheduled and we update the Events page whenever we are advised of changes.
The following are events that have been added since the previous Circular:
SECOND VIETNAM SYMPOSIUM ON ADVANCES IN OFFSHORE ENGINEERING - 22-04-2021 - 24-04-2021
Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; English; Organiser: Association of Vietnamese Scientists and Experts; Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology; Contact person: Dinh Hong DOAN; Email: email@example.com; Website: https://vsoe2021.sciencesconf.org/;
XI CONGRESO CHILENO DE GEOTECNIA - 22-11-2021 - 24-11-2021
Universidad de Talca, Chile; Language: Spanish; Organiser: Chilean Geotechnical Society; Contact person: Macarena Tugas; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; ; Website: http://www.sochige.cl
5TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON CONE PENETRATION TESTING (CPT’22) - 08-06-2022 - 10-06-2022
Centro Congressi CNR, Bologna Italy; Language: English; Organiser: Italian Geotechnical Society (AGI) and University of Bologna (endorsed by TC102); Contact person: Susanna Antonielli (AGI), Prof. Guido Gottardi (University of Bologna); Email: ; email@example.com;